Q: When weather is cooler my truck strugles to start

Car starts fine when it's warm but I drove up north where it was 60° and truck struggled to start. Glow plugs and relay are 2 years old. Is there a better system then glow plugs in the market?

A: You may have some carbon build up in the co...

You may have some carbon build up in the combustion chambers and need to have the engine decarbonized. You could also use an octane booster if you have issues after new glow plugs are installed. Once the glow plugs get carbonized they will not work as well.

You will also find that Summer and Winter grade fuels are different. In cold conditions, it will help if you fuel up from a station that carries Winter fuel.

If you continue to have starting issues, have a certified technician, like one from YourMechanic, diagnose your starting issue firsthand and suggest what to do from there. Best of luck.