Q: Can I provide my own starter

I need to replace my starter on my 2003 chevy impala 3.4 can I provide you with my own starter?

Starter Replacement $154.22 - $1142.70 Get a Quote

Yes, you are welcome to buy your own parts and book a certified mechanic from YourMechanic to install those parts or perform associated repairs. When reviewing your quote online, open the “price breakdown” tab, and click on “parts options.” From there, you can choose to remove all the parts from your quote. Please note that when you provide your own parts, YourMechanic’s cannot extend to you a service warranty. To help you get the best result if you want to procure your own parts, the best option in terms of fit and reliability will almost always be dealer OEM supplied parts. New aftermarket parts from reputable, name brand manufacturers are OK but are less preferred than dealer parts. Used starter motors are never the technically best option, or even the lowest cost option, for installation due to the obvious potential for reliability headaches. If you buy a re-manufactured starter, again the key is choose a reputable, name brand vendor. All headaches can be avoided by buying the part from the dealer. If you desire that your starter motor be diagnosed, and replaced if necessary, by a certified Mechanic, dispatched by YourMechanic right to your location, please request a starter diagnostic/replacement and the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.