Q: Coolant leaks

asked by on May 23, 2016

I have a leak that's only happening when the car is hot and I'm having a Lot of coolant dropping, which makes it almost impossible to drive. I do some car repairs myself. Could you help me know what to do?

You may be able to spot the leak by performing a cooling system pressure test. This test is just as it sounds; a special tool is used to apply pressure to the cooling system, making leaks visible. Sometimes however, leaks that are temperature dependent can only be found through visual inspection. Having a professional diagnose and repair your coolant leak can save you both time and money. The team at YourMechanic is an excellent option since we make house calls.