Coolant leak in a 2004 Volkswagen Passat passat 2004 volk...

Q: Coolant leak in a 2004 Volkswagen Passat

My coolant is leaking.

Can you see where the coolant is leaking? How often are you having to add antifreeze, always remember when you’re having to add coolant to a system, if you don’t add at least a mixture of coolant you will dilute your system to where not only does it not have any freeze protection, it will be much more susceptible to corrosion. Running straight water will quicly corrode your system. Can you see the water coming out? A mechanic will be able to fill the system to capacity and install a pressure tester which will replicate the pressure seen while the car is in use. This way he can locate and repair the leak. Once found the reason for the leak is diagnosed, then a thorough analysis of the rest of your cooling system is made.