Q: The vdc light and service engine lights came on, car started missing and then died?

Both the vdc light and service engine light come on and car runs sluggish and sometimes dies but as soon as I kill it and recrank it runs fine just wonder what the problem is and how do I fix it ?

Hi there. The VDC (vehicle dynamic control) and service engine lights coming on, is an indication there is a fault or faults recognized. The engine misfires, then died, and sluggishness are likely the fault(s) recognized. Turning the ignition switch off and restarting, is resetting the system. The ECM (engine control module) should be storing misfire codes and accessing the computer for codes will help identify which cylinder(s) is misfiring. It may just be time for spark plug replacement. It could be, a low fuel pressure condition caused by a faulty fuel pump. Proper diagnoses needs to be performed to avoid unnecessary repairs. I recommend having your vehicle’s engine misfires, then dies be diagnosed repaired by a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic.

3. The vdc light and service engine lights came on, car started missing and then died?