Q: Opinion on Subaru Impreza symmetrical all-wheel system

What do you think of Subaru symmetrical all-wheel drive system? I'm thinking about selling my dad's car for a good condition second-hand Impreza 2.0. What do you look for in these?

It’s a very interesting system and generally it works quite well. But, for the rest of the car--Subarus are notorious for blowing head gaskets and if they have automatic transmission, automatic transmissions are known for wearing out. So if you are looking for a second-hand one, look for a standard transmission one. Because, if you are going to get an automatic, don’t even think about buying it. You will have problems if you drive hard at all, because they have a very weak automatic transmission.

3. Opinion on Subaru Impreza symmetrical all-wheel system