Q: I spilt coffee on my dash were the climate control is and now none of the dials work - climate control is stuck on off but is on

asked by on December 21, 2016

It got wet with coffee ( hit someone in the back but did not damage my car but I had a cup of coffee in my hand at the time - coffee went right into the front console and screen. The climate control says it is off but the full heater is on and none of the dials work below the screen - the screen does work. I checked the fuse it is good and used a hair dryer to try and get the moister out - anything else can I do?

When a liquid like coffee gets into components it will short out the electronics. You will most likely need to replace anything that got coffee spilled on it. You may try to remove the controls at the dealer and have it sent out for repairs or replaced. A new one would need to be programmed to work with the vehicle networked modules and ECM.