Q: Why does my vehicle feel like it's being forced to move?

When I turn on the car it's fine up until it starts to heat up it starts to vibrate on drive position. My girl over heated it because a freeze plug rusted out. There's no water in the oil. Got a mechanic to make sure e it wasn't the heads and it's not. When I push the gas it feels like it's being forcedlike fhe braked are locked on it but there fine. I got a diagnostic check and it said it was the thermostat and the accelerator pedal. Could it be something else?

Hi there. If the engine continues to overheat after fixing a core plug leaking, then the thermostat may not be opening all the way and needs replaced. As far as the vehicle not wanting to move and seems like the brakes are applied, then check the brake system to verify that they are not locked. You said that you had you throttle checked. See if the engine throttles up normally with quick throttle pressing on the gas pedal.

If the engine revs up normally, then there is no problem with the gas pedal or the throttle position sensor. There is an issue with your transmission. Either the transmission is slipping or the torque converter has failed internally. Check the transmission fluid and make sure it is full. I recommend replacing the transmission fluid and filter before having the transmission removed.

If you need further assistance with your vehicle, then seek out a professional, such as one from YourMechanic, to help you with vehicle not moving.

3. Why does my vehicle feel like it's being forced to move?