Feels like rear tires are dragging truck won't move 4x4 l...

Q: Feels like rear tires are dragging truck won't move 4x4 light is on

asked by on July 31, 2017

I pulled out my driveway and the truck wouldn't move felt like rear tires where dragging and 4x4 light came on when I try to push gas. What could this be

Check to be sure the parking brake is not applied, seized, or stuck at the rear wheel positions. Apart from that, if the rear wheels are not turning, there is a mechanical failure in the differential, transfer case, or transmission. The exact source would have to be pinpointed during an on-site visit. If you desire a diagnostic, please use YourMechanic’s failure in drive - no forward motion service page. If you request that diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will get the underlying issue identified and let you know of your repair options. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanicas we are always here to help you.