Q: AC squeaking

My AC makes a squeaking/squealing noise when I turn it on. The noise stops when I turn the AC off. The muffler is also making a rattling sound all of the time. The dealership was saying it is a loose baffle.

Your vehicle only uses a single serpentine belt. So, if you’re only hearing the noise when the A/C is turned on and not all the time, the belt and tensioner are not to blame. My guess is that the noise you are hearing is the A/C compressor. Defective compressor bearings won’t make noise until the A/C is switched on. As for the muffler, there is a technical service bulletin (TSB) regarding it making a rattling noise. The TSB is #1TB08-23A and it states to replace the muffler with an updated model. A trained mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, can inspect your AC’s squeaking sound to make the correct repair.