Q: car has bad smell when I run it coming from under the hood

When I got our of my car this morning I smelt something coming from my car that smelled like something I can't describe. Now my car needs an oil change once ever 3000 miles and it's only 1000 over that now. There's no smoke coming from my car. And just Friday the ac won't blow anymore out of the front vents. The dash ac is fine. I wonder if they r related. Pls help

A: For this diagnosis it would’ve been helpful...

For this diagnosis it would’ve been helpful if the smell was described in more detail to help you with the problem. For example, the smell of a dead animal versus the smell of burnt oil. If you cannot describe it then I suggest having a mechanic check the car out in person to see what the problem is.

There are a number of things that can be at fault here and without assessing this issue physically I can only speculate. It’s possible that you’ve got mice in the car’s interior and in the A/C system. They tend to chew on wires and cause all sorts of problems. Have the vehicle inspected by a qualified technician who can diagnose the smell in person and make the appropriate repairs.