Q: Q: Fuel smell

My car has a strong smell of gasoline after using it and parking it.regardless of tge distance or how long I the car has been on as soon as I turn it off and get out I notice the gasoline smell from the rear passanger side. It has me worried The same smell always comes from the rear passenger side. There are no leaks, I have changed gas tank gasket a hose and fuel pump and none seemed to help resolve smell. I would like to know what else can it be. My car is a 1993 toyota corolla.

This is likely related to your EVAP emissions system and something called a purge valve solenoid. The EVAP system prevents fuel vapors from the fuel tank from escaping into the atmosphere. The EVAP system collects and temporarily stores the fuel vapors in the charcoal canister. The charcoal canister is filled with activated carbon pellets that can absorb the fuel vapors. When the engine is running, the fuel vapors are purged from the canister and burned in the engine. The vent control valve (solenoid) controls the flow of outside air in and out of the charcoal canister. When this is not working properly, you may experience the gas pump shutting off prematurely causing it to take a very long time to fill up your fuel tank. This is due to the excess fuel vapor that is present when the purge solenoid is not working properly by releasing these vapors. The gas pumps at the fuel station have automatic sensors on them (for safety reasons) that shut off automatically when too much fuel vapor is present. I would recommend having an expert from Your Mechanic come to your home to take a look at your car to diagnose your EVAP purge solenoid.

3. Q: Fuel smell