Q: After adding oil, car started jerking

Last week, the oil level was a bit low, but other than that, everything was going fine with my car and it was performing very well. After putting some oil in, now the car is jerking when I drive. If I have to sit at a red light too long, it stalls. The manual said to put 10w-30, so I did. I’m not sure what kind had been put in before this time. The engine light is not on, nor anything else. If the previous oil was a different kind, could mixing them cause this problem or do you think it’s due to something else?

I would do an oil and filter change and get that squared away. If the problem persists, it is definitely unrelated. Once in a pinch I had accidentally topped off 5w30 with 10w30 and did not have any problems. But just for peace of mind, I would do a fresh change.