Q: Clutch pedal is staying down and doesn't disengage the transmission

hi there, when I press the clutch pedal down the pedal gets stuck at times or releases slowly. some times I cannot shift gears. I did replace my slave cylinder and master cylinder about a year ago but replaced them due to leaking seals. unsure if one of them are faulty and how to diagnose which one. or if it can be the release bearing?? thanks

The first thing to do is to check the clutch master cylinder to see if the cylinder is full and ensure that the cap vent is not blocked. If the fluid is full then check the clutch hydraulic system to see if there is air in the system by bleeding the system of air. If the clutch still stays on the floor then you most likely have a defective clutch slave cylinder that is binding and not releasing the clutch. I would recommend having a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, diagnose the issue with your clutch pedal firsthand to confirm my suspicions and help you repair it as necessary.