Q: shift solenoids replaced, transmission filled, symptoms still occur not changing gears correctly ()

I took the vehicle to have codes ran on the 2000 Honda Passport. Codes said shift solenoids, so I replaced them and refilled the transmission with transmission fluid. The gears are still not shifting properly . Someone told me that there isn't enough fluid. So where would I put the transmission fluid in to fill it all the way. I used the bottom bolt on the drip pan, not the drain plug, the one closer to the passenger door and above the drain plug maybe an inch or two

It sounds as though you are using the correct plug to fill the transmission. It may take several tries to get all of the transmission fluid to the correct level. With dropping the pan and replacing components, some of the internal parts of the transmission may have lost the fluid that normally isn’t lost during normal fluid changes. Therefore, you may need to put some fluid in, cycle the transmission through its gears, and then recheck and add fluid again. You may have to do this several times in order to get all of the fluid back into it. If this is something you feel you could use a hand with, contact a certified mechanic, like the mobile mechanics available at YourMechanic.com.

3. shift solenoids replaced, transmission filled, symptoms still occur not changing gears correctly ()