Q: Ticking sound from engine

I have a ticking sound from the passenger's side of my engine.

A: Ticking is usually valve train related. You...

Ticking is usually valve train related. Your engine has hydraulic lifters, they are self adjusting. One thing that can go wrong is the rocker stud can pull out of the head. They are pressed in originally. Check the nuts have not loosened. Compare the number of threads seen above the nuts. Check for a bent push rod. Some so-called high performance variable lift lifters tap regardless of proper adjustment. Finally, it could be a bad lifter. Check the exhaust manifold closely. Sometimes a small exhaust leak can sound like a tick. To be certain of the culprit, I would have a certified mechanic listen to the noise to determine what repairs are needed for your engine.