I got a 97 Chevy Cavalier can I put a 2001 motor and tran...

Q: I got a 97 Chevy Cavalier can I put a 2001 motor and transmission into it

asked by on September 19, 2016

I have a 1997 Chevy Cavalier and the motor is blown I was wondering if I could put a 2001 motor and transmission into it? My car has an automatic transmission.

Hi there, thanks for writing in. If you replace your 1997 motor with a 2001 one, you will find that the wire harnesses and sensors have changed along with the transmission. The engine intake and fuel injection is different and may need a different fuel supply pump and other modifications. I would recommend finding a same-year vehicle to swap with in order to limit the differences. Hope this helps and good luck!