Q: Car battery keeps draining - 2000 Acura TL

The battery in the car keep draining and also when I put it into gear it jumps

Hello. If the battery keeps draining, then it is likely that there is some sort of electrical short somewhere. When the power is switched off, there should be no power to the battery. If a wire breaks, however, and it shorts to ground it may place a parasitic drain on the battery.

The current draw will eventually result in a drain on the battery. Due to the highly complicated nature of electrical systems, shorts, or issues similar to these, it can sometimes be difficult to track down. In regards to your transmission jumping when you put it into gear, this can be caused by many things. The first thing I would do is make sure that the transmission fluid level is clean and topped off.

I would then look to make sure that the motor and transmission mounts are in good shape. If those all check out, then it may be possible that the transmission may be having an issue. To have this all looked at, consider having a certified professional inspect the battery issue and gear jumping problem in order to have the correct repairs done.

3. Car battery keeps draining - 2000 Acura TL