Q: Car starts and idles but put into drive it dies.

Car was in a flood and water came to just below the seat. Got it in running condition. It starts and idles but when you put it in drive it dies. What could this be. I am without a ride and need to get it fixed asap.

A: Hello there, when vehicles such as your 200...

Hello there, when vehicles such as your 2004 Mitsubishi Montero become flooded it can create many issues. The most common problems with flooded cars is water being sucked into the intake, and into the engine. The other problem is corrosion in the electrical components and wiring. Either of these problems could cause the stalling issue. A qualified technician from YourMechanic will be able to perform a vehicle inspection and make any repairs required.