Q: When im driving the steering wheel start shaken when i get up to speeds to 50 or 60 and its the driver side

asked by on September 15, 2016

when im driving the steering wheel start shaken when i get up to speeds to 50 or 60 and its the driver side

From what you’ve described, you may just have a wheel balance problem where a weight came off. This could also happen if you used tire stop sealant for a leak in your tire. These will both cause excessive vibration above 50 mph.

You should have the wheel bearing and struts checked to see if they are bad and need replaced. I think it is most likely it is a tire or balance issue. If you’d like to get this fixed, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can diagnose the shake in your steering and help you fix it accordingly.