Q: what causes transmission to not shift? 2001 Dodge Ram 1500

transmission shifts smooth and fine but once truck has been running a while will not shift to second. seems like once it heats up it starts doing that. i was having similar problem several months ago but had sensor, oil and filter changed and worked great for about two months. oil level is good, oil is clean and still looks new. i don't smell any oil, there are no leaks. what could it the causing this problem?

Hey there, thanks for writing in about your 2001 Dodge Ram 1500. This is a common issue on many automatic transmissions. There is a speed sensor which is a magnetic coil that tells the vehicle’s control module what the speed of the torque converter is and allows the truck to shift smoothly. When this is faulty, it will cause a delay in shifting or cause it to not shift at all. To have the problem verified, a certified technician from YourMechanic can come to your car’s location to diagnose the shifting issue and perform needed repairs.

3. what causes transmission to not shift? 2001 Dodge Ram 1500