Q: When driving uphill the vehicle looses most of power,only goes 25 miles per hour,then shakes when restarting

When driving uphill vehicle looses most of power,only going 25 miles per hour,then shakes,w hen restarting for a ML320 2001 Mercedes

Lack of power and shaking can be caused by a number of components. Misfiring can reduce power and cause shakes. Misfires can be ignition related like from bad spark plugs or ignition coils. Also from sensors such as the crankshaft sensor, which tells the engine control unit when to fire each cylinder. It can also be fuel system related, such as a fuel injector that is not firing properly or not firing at all. Also, a failed catalytic converter can reduce engine power significantly.

Have a certified technician inspect the vehicle to locate the exact cause of the shaking and no power

• When driving uphill the vehicle looses most of power,only goes 25 miles per hour,then shakes when restarting