When i start my car toyota rav4 2011 it revs way high for...

Q: When i start my car toyota rav4 2011 it revs way high for about one second, then sounds normal and drives fine. Thoughts?

asked by on October 11, 2017

When i turn on the ignition, the car revs really high for about a second, then is fine, drives normally, no check engine lights or anything. It is really quick, maybe not even a full second.Thoughts?

When the engine first starts it is normal for the computer to raise the idle up momentarily to keep the engine running. If you have not got the recall done for the smart stop for the vehicle then have the recall done to fix the engine from racing. You may have a sticking throttle plate that raises idle too high and the computer reprogramming and install of smrt stop should repair the problem. Only the dealer can do the recall for you.