Q: Transmission fluid fine but it takes torque converter long to to lock up

My S10 transmission fluid is red and clean. But, it takes torque converter as long as 2,5 miles to lock up. What should I do?

Color doesn’t always matter. You might decide to service the transmission. I would say change the filter and change the fluid and see what happens. You might add a quart of Lucas transmission additive into the mix and then drive it for 2-300 miles and see if it helps. Because I’ve done that personally on many cars. A lot of times, especially with GM product like that, that would solve it. Change it and put a quart of Lucas into the mix. If you need help with this, a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, can come to your home or office to inspect your car and service your transmission fluid if needed.

3. Transmission fluid fine but it takes torque converter long to to lock up