Q: Really bad AC, do I need to replace the system?

The first issue I had with my 2010 Chevrolet Traverse involved the AC. I had to replace some of the AC hose, no big deal. Then the compressor itself began to leak and I had to replace that. This was around 30,000 miles and now, at 48,000 miles, I am not getting any cold air from the AC. Am I going to be replacing these parts every 20,000 miles?

A: The 2010 Chevrolet Traverse air conditionin...

The 2010 Chevrolet Traverse air conditioning system has a history component failure on different models which can be annoying. For the owners that have multiple failed components in one vehicle, it can become a nightmare. Some of these issues have been addressed by GM in Technical Service Bulletins to the dealer. All these failures are only covered while the vehicle is under the 3 years or 36,000 miles warranty period, whichever comes first. The issues include, the A/C pressure hose leaking, A/C compressor leaking, A/C evaporator leaking, or the HVAC blend door actuators failing. All of these issue can prevent cooling of the vehicle. Unfortunately due to the scope of the issues, it is possible that you will be replacing parts that affect the air conditioning every 20,000 miles. YourMechanic can perform an air conditioning inspection for you.