Q: Seal a gap between crankshaft position sensor and rubber?

Hi. I just replaced my cps for my Jeep YJ as it was misfiring and then it just made me use my feet to get home. Long story short is working great now. I noticed a gap between the rubber and the sensor and I am afraid water will get in. Is it wise to put some silicone there around the thing or should I leave it like that?

A: You do not need to worry about water gettin...

You do not need to worry about water getting into the clutch area. You can add silicone around the sensor if you want to add it to the gap between the rubber and the sensor, but there is no need. If you begin having problems again, you may want to consider having the misfiring problem diagnosed by a local expert, such as one from YourMechanic, to avoid further problems.