Q: I was driving to work in a lot of rain and my windshield wipers just stopped in the middle of my windshield. Any ideas what it ma

Windshield wipers stopped working in rain.

The windshield wiper system uses a small electric motor to move the wiper arms that you see on the windshield. That electric motor is controlled through a switch, relay, fuse, and wiring. One, or more, of those electrical components has failed although it is also possible that the mechanical arms are binding (seized, if the lubricant has dried out) thus causing the electric circuit to the motor to overload and the fuse to blow. Regardless of the underlying fault, if you request a non functioning wiper diagnostic/repair, the responding certified mechanic will get this taken care of for you. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.

3. I was driving to work in a lot of rain and my windshield wipers just stopped in the middle of my windshield. Any ideas what it ma