Q: Car only starts when pressing the gas pedal

The car would not start. The battery was dead and would not hold a charge, so I replaced it. The car now will start, but I have to hold the gas pedal down to get it to do so, and even then it does not start all the time.

Hi. The computer system that runs your engine has a memory system that requires the battery to keep it alive. If the battery is disconnected for any reason, the computer learns that specific idle, which is no the appropriate one. I recommend you have a certified mechanic relearn the idle on your vehicle.