Q: Car only starts when pressing the gas pedal

The car would not start. The battery was dead and would not hold a charge, so I replaced it. The car now will start, but I have to hold the gas pedal down to get it to do so, and even then it does not start all the time.

A: Hi. The computer system that runs your engi...

Hi. The computer system that runs your engine has a memory system that requires the battery to keep it alive. If the battery is disconnected for any reason, the computer learns that specific idle, which is no the appropriate one. I recommend you have a certified mechanic relearn the idle on your vehicle.