Q: I feel a thump anytime I hit the smallest dip in the road. I've been told that my control arm or tie end rod needs to be replaced.

I feel a thump or more like a drop anytime I hit the smallest dip in the road on the driver side of my car. I was told that my control arm or tie end rod needs to be replaced.

Hi there. Raise up your vehicle and check the tie rod ends and the control arms and see if they are damaged or loose. Also check the strut tower and see if they are loose at the top of the mounting surface. If you need further assistance with your vehicle thumping on a small bump, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.

3. I feel a thump anytime I hit the smallest dip in the road. I've been told that my control arm or tie end rod needs to be replaced.