Q: Car hesitates and slows down badly at times. It almost stalls at times. It keeps slow speed at 20-30KM.

Kia Carnival 3.8L Petrol:car hesitates at times and slows down badly at times. It almost stalls at times. It keeps slow speed at 20-30KM. more so when low on gas 1/4 or less tank. most of the time is ok. I have driven it on very low gas and may also have put bad gas in it. Need to know where the gas filters is as there is nou opening in side the van as is the case with older Kia Vans. What is the likely cause? where is the fuel filter and gas pump etc.

Hello. I would need to know the year of the vehicle to know where the fuel filter is located. If this is an older model, it is located under the vehicle. Most of the newer models only have a filter on the fuel pump.

From what you are explaining, it sounds like the fuel pump is failing. When the fuel is low, the pump will get hot and a weak pump will lose pressure causing this to occur. I would usually check the fuel pressure to see if it is low, especially when the fuel level is low. If it is, then the pump needs to be replaced. If you plan on having this done, consider YourMechanic, as a certified technician can come to your home or office to diagnose the hesitation problem and guide you with repairs.

• Car hesitates and slows down badly at times. It almost stalls at times. It keeps slow speed at 20-30KM.