Q: Q: Car overheated and rattling

My car overheated and completely stopped running. I had to wait to start it back up, and once running the car began to rattle.

Hi. Overheating is a serious issue and can cause significant damage to the engine such as breaking the head gasket or even damaging the cylinders and pistons. You should have a certified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, inspect the vehicle’s overheating issue to determine the source of the problem. Along with that, you need to find out why the engine got too hot in the first place. Check your coolant level and look for puddles underneath the car after it’s been parked for a few hours.

3. Q: Car overheated and rattling