car makes groaning/clunck sound when turning steering whe...

Q: car makes groaning/clunck sound when turning steering wheel while idle. Shocks and CV axles are new and power steering fluid is wh

asked by on November 16, 2017

My power steering makes a groaning/poping noise when turning the wheel left or right while idle. I just had the CV axles and front suspension changed with all new parts but the car still makes this noise. Power steering reservoir looks full and there are no leaks underneath the car. The car also makes a small, but noticable clunk while going over bumps. what could this be?

Hi Hector. Thanks for contacting us tonight. Usually, when people replace shocks and struts, one item left off that list are the shock mounts. It’s likely that this is the source of your noise, that or stabilizer bar bushings are damaged. You might want to have a different mechanic complete a clunking noise inspection, to determine the best course of action to resolve this issue.