Q: My 2006 XJ8 billows lots of smoke under heavy acceleration. The problem is intermittent and does not burn oil all the time. But wh

Burns lots of oil out the exhaust under heavy acceleration. If I baby it, it doesn't burn oil. But if I accelerate moderately fast a massive amount of smoke comes out the tail pipes. I have had vacuum hoses replaced and replace the PCV valve.

Hi there. Typically when you have a lot of smoke coming from the exhaust upon acceleration, it’s an indication of piston rings that have worn out and require replacement. However, it is also possible that a failure of an oil control valve or cylinder head valve guides could also cause this issue. In order to correctly diagnose this problem, it’s a good idea to have a professional mechanic come to your location and complete a car is blowing smoke from exhaust inspection.

3. My 2006 XJ8 billows lots of smoke under heavy acceleration. The problem is intermittent and does not burn oil all the time. But wh