my 1998 Honda civic Lx has a problem when i idle it squea...

Q: my 1998 Honda civic Lx has a problem when i idle it squeals and when i stop and try to go the car almost dies

so my car just recently been having this problem where i turn it on and it immediately has a really loud squeal sounding like it is coming from one of the belts but i think it is something more than just the belt. alo when i start driving the noise stops but when i stop it comes on again and sometimes when i stop i try to push in the clutch and put it in gear it sounds like the car it almost going to die on me.

The belt(s), as well as the belt driven components, can be ruled in or out by disconnecting the belt(s) and then very briefly running the engine. If the noise remains, then engine components are looked at systematically until the source of the noise is pinpointed. As you describe it, the noise is marked and obvious enough that if you request a vehicle noise diagnostic, the responding certified mechanic will definitely find the origin of the noise and get this resolved. The near engine stalling that you are noticing could be due to a faulty mass airflow sensor, faulty camshaft or crankshaft position sensors, worn spark plugs, wires or defective ignition coil(s), inadequate fuel delivery or pressure (clogged fuel filter, injectors, faulty fuel pump or pump circuit), contaminated or old gasoline, defective throttle position sensor, faulty idle air control valve, leaks in the EGR system, intake vacuum leaks, and so forth. But, based on what you are described the issue is probably "limited" and thus fairly easy to resolve. If you request an engine stalling diagnostic the responding certified mechanic will get this resolved for you promptly. If you have further questions or concerns, do not hesitate to re-contact YourMechanic as we are always here to help you.