Q: My cooling fan comes on after its been turned off for 10 mins. I have replaced one of three relays and the PCM

I have a 2005 GMC Yukon XL and the other day I went out and the battery was dead. I hooked up a battery charger and the cooling fans came on. Pulled the relay and actually bought a new one and the fans stayed on. Replaced the PCM next and now you can turn off the truck and they turn off but after 10 mins they come on and stay on. Any ideas??

A: There is a cooling fan relay fuse in the fu...

There is a cooling fan relay fuse in the fuse box that controls the relay switch. This can sometimes fail which will cause the relay to work intermittently causing the fans to also work intermittently. I would recommend checking and changing this fuse.

Recommended services
Get a Quote