Q: 2003 trailblazer car starts but wouldn't move when I put it in drive or reverse yesterday. This morning it drove fine.

2003 Trailblazer car starts up I shift into drive or reverse the engine revs up but car wouldn't move yesterday. I tried again today and car drove fine? Any ideas

Hello, thank you for writing in. Typically no response from the transmission is a sign of a failed hydraulics. This is most commonly caused by low transmission fluid, a clog or hydraulic valve issue, or transmission failure. You will want to start by checking the level and condition of your transmission fluid. You may also want to change the fluid and filter if it hasn’t been serviced recently. However, if the issue is not currently happening, it is hard to impossible to diagnose. Deeper inspection of the transmission may need to be done if the fluid and pressure is not the cause. At that point seeing a transmission specialist may be worth your time. For more professional help, contact our service department to schedule an appointment.

3. 2003 trailblazer car starts but wouldn't move when I put it in drive or reverse yesterday. This morning it drove fine.