Q: Shift selenoid "A" electrical P0753

Hi I have a Mercedes A160 version W168 with automatic transmission in Sweden. It got error codes p0753 Shift selenoid "A" electrical. The transmission is Stuck in F-mode and basically goes to 2nd gear and reverse. Not first not others.

I changed true shift selenoid I got more noise from the gear box in ignition position without starting the car. Any ideas? Best regards Homer

A: If you did not do so while replacing shift ...

If you did not do so while replacing shift solenoid "A" (if I am reading your query correctly), disconnect the battery for 10 minutes or so, re-connect the battery, and drive the car for 15-20 minutes. This will reset the transmission controller, and allow the transmission to "relearn" your driving style, and the condition of the internals of your specific transmission. If it goes back into limp mode, check for codes again using a diagnostic tool capable of getting full information from the transmission controller as there may be a problem with it. For more help with this issue, I would recommend having a transmission specialist scan the vehicle's computer and inspect the transmission thoroughly so that this can be properly corrected.