Q: Water soaked carpets leaks

It has been raining for days, and I just noticed this morning that I have water soaked carpets in the passenger front side and back of my car. I must have a leak, but where? What should I do about this? And do you know how I can dry my carpets? I don't know very much about cars.

Hello there. A few different items can cause a leak when it rains for the 1996 Oldsmobile Achieva. The most common are a window seal, door seal, damaged door, or sunroof seal if equipped. Any of the seals should be a quick fix once it is determined which is the cause. For the existing water, the best method would be to use a towel or paper towels to absorb as much water as possible - especially if there is any standing water.

After most of the water is soaked up with the towel, you can use a fan to blow air into the car until the carpet dries. With the water on the carpet, there is a chance that the vehicle will develop a smell and any wires that run under the carpet may corrode. If you still need to have the leak found, have a local expert, such as one from YourMechanic, determine what seal is leaking, and the best method for getting it cleaned up if any water damage is still present.

3. Water soaked carpets leaks