Exception in rendering!

Message: window is not defined

ReferenceError: window is not defined
    at new c (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-dx21mwjs:136:3912)
    at m.mountComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-dx21mwjs:47:15602)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-99848-dx21mwjs:49:31860
    at a.r.perform (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-dx21mwjs:47:12503)
    at Object.a [as renderToString] (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-dx21mwjs:49:31821)
    at r (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-dx21mwjs:50:21164)
    at Object.S.ReactOnRails.serverRenderReactComponent (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-dx21mwjs:32:6073)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-dx21mwjs:173:8), <anonymous>:10:23)
    at eval (eval at <anonymous> (/tmp/execjs20161208-99848-dx21mwjs:173:8), <anonymous>:17:3)
    at /tmp/execjs20161208-99848-dx21mwjs:173:8

Q: When accelerating, engine shuts down

When I accelerate my car, the engine turns off. First, today it took longer than usual to start. After it did start, my car started shaking and then a few seconds later the shaking stopped. After driving ¼ mile, I accelerated, the car started shaking again, and then the engine quit totally. It took five tries before the car would restart. I had to push on the gas pedal and I heard a strange sound that I think was coming from the exhaust. Yet, again, the engine quit. Finally, it restarted and I headed back to the house. As long as I did not accelerate, the engine stayed on, but if I pressed the gas pedal at all, the car would shut down. What is causing this and how do I fix it?

A: Hello. From the symptoms you are describing...

Hello. From the symptoms you are describing, it would appear that the vehicle is having some sort of serious engine performance issues. A few things I would check on are the fuel and ignition system. The sound you describe from the tailpipe may be a misfire, perhaps related to a fuel system issue. A weak fuel pump or a clogged fuel filter can starve the engine of fuel, which can cause misfires or stalling due to a lean condition. Stalling can also be caused by a wide variety of other issues, such as vacuum leaks, and even ignition problems, so a proper diagnosis of car stalling by a certified technician from YourMechanic is recommended to determine what the exact cause of the issue may be.