My ran out of oil and cut off while I was driving. I put ...

My ran out of oil and cut off while I was driving. I put oil in it and waited about 2 hours. The car is making a knocking sound now. Wasn’t doing it when i tried to crank it after it died Mechanic's Assistant: Have you che...

My ran out of oil and cut off while I was driving. I put oil in it and waited about 2 hours. The car is making a knocking sound now. Wasn’t doing it when i tried to crank it after it died Mechanic's Assistant: Have you checked the fuel supply? And are all the spark plugs working? Yes and I changed the sparks plugs about 3 months ago Mechanic's Assistant: What is the make/model/year of your car? Honda Civic 2005 Mechanic's Assistant: Are you fixing your Civic yourself? What have you tried so far? Yes and this just happened 2 hours ago. So all I have done was check fuel spark plugs and the oil which was very low. I put in some more oil Mechanic's Assistant: Anything else you want the Mechanic to know before I connect you? Just need to know if I can fix it myself. And how to fix it

Automotive Expert
Hello and thank you for using JustAnswer. My name is \*\*\*\*\* \*\*\*\*\* I will do my best to assist you. During this conversation you will be given an automated offer for a phone call. You may accept or decline that offer.I don’t personally offer this service so if you take this another tech may call. Sounds like the motor is trashed, you want to do some basic health checks now, first drain the oil and check for debris, if there is metal you know you did some damage and it needs to be rebuilt, if not you will need to do a compression test and if thats ok locate the source of the noise.

Okay is the oil I just put in it ok to reuse or do I need to get more oil. I put oil in it about 2 hours ago
Automotive Expert
depends if there is metal in it, if its full of metal you need a new engine

Okay. And the compression test I can do it myself.
Automotive Expert
yes you will just need the tools, you can buy or rent from autozone

Okay. Thank you
Automotive Expert
your welcome