Q: My air conditioner blower won't always turn on until I hit this white box behind my glove compartment.

About a month ago my AC wouldn't come on. It wasnt blowing anything at all. I didn't hear it click. I googled around and someone said to hit the white box behind the glove compartment. Here's a pic of it..

https://imgur.com/gallery/auNOV

This does actually work but it will stop working again a couple days later.

Any idea what is going on? What is this magic white box?

Thank you kindly..

As the air conditioner blower motor ages the bearings get worn and can cause the motor to not start turning unless you tap on the motor or the motor housing. The fis is to replace the blower motor before it burns out the blower controller or you will need to replace that component also.

• My air conditioner blower won't always turn on until I hit this white box behind my glove compartment.