Q: Car rattles or taps when it gets hot

asked by on February 02, 2016

When my car gets hot, it cuts out and I hear a rattle or tapping noise.

Car is overheating Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

It seems like a sensor problem to me. When the engine reaches operating temperature, the computer takes control with readings from the main sensors, and adjusts for the most efficient mixture. If one of these sensors are reading incorrectly, or not responding as fast as it should, the computer will act sporadically. I would suggest having a certified mechanic, like one from YourMechanic, run an inspection on your entire cooling system and use the engine’s live data to diagnose the issue.