Q: Check Engine Light is on with trouble code P0014.

Check engine lights has been on for a while. Today I notice small amount of smoke. So I check the check engine and it said p0014. My temperature gauge is below the middle and there is smoke. Read online. Should I just get oil change or is this a problem

Hello, this over-advanced camshaft timing is a significant problem, and should be checked out ASAP by a professional mechanic. Trouble code P0014 indicates a problem probably due to worn timing chain guides, a stretched timing chain, or a weak timing chain tensioner. This can cause a valve-to-piston collision in your engine if severe enough, causing major, expensive engine repair. To avoid any unnecessary repairs, I would recommend having a Check Engine Light inspected by a mobile, professional mechanic, such as one from YourMechanic, to confirm this diagnosis, get an accurate assessment of damage and cost estimate for repairs.

3. Check Engine Light is on with trouble code P0014.