Q: Car will not move in any gear but 4th gear and makes noise.

Car will not operate in any gear but 4th gear but even in gear makes noise.. Not sure if clutch, transmission or rear end.

Grinding noise while shifting Inspection $79.99 - $89.99 Get a Quote

Hi there. If the transmission will not move in any gear but 4th gear, then there is either an issue with the synchronizers or the transmission gears are damaged. First check the shifter rail and see if the forks are bent that go to the synchronizers. If the forks are bent, then gears will not catch making the vehicle unusable. If the forks are good and are checked with another fork set from the local parts store, then the transmission will need repaired. For your question as the clutch not working, either all the gears will work or not, but 4th gear will not work only with a worn clutch. I recommend seeking out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you diagnose your transmission issue.