Q: Cranks but does not start.

I had my acadia warming up and it turned off and didnt turn back on. It cranks and sounds like it wants to turn on, however it won't turn over and the check engine light is appearing on. It has fuel, fluids etc..

Hi there. Check the battery on the vehicle and make sure that it has enough voltage to start the vehicle. If the vehicle is cranking up and it sounds as it is about to start but it does not start, then the fuel system may have the fuel pump loosing pressure to the fuel rail. Check the fuel pressure with a fuel gauge on the rail and see if there is at least 35 psi. If there is no pressure, then check the fuel pump relay and see if its working. If the relay is working, then check for power at the fuel pump. If there is power at the fuel pump, then the fuel pump is not working. If the fuel pump is working, then check the fuel pressure regulator on the fuel rail and see if its returning all of the fuel back to the tank. If so, then the fuel pressure regulator is not working and it would need replaced. If you need further assistance with engine not restarting and acts like it wants to start, then seek out a professional, such as one from Your Mechanic, to help you.