Q: I have a 2007 GMC sierra classic. What can be the problem if I have no pressure on the brakes

asked by on September 01, 2017

I bought this truck from a guy and he said the only problem was with the caliper. I changed both caliper pads the master cylinder and brake booster but I still don't have no pedal pressure

Hi Jessica. Thanks for contacting us today. One of the most overlooked components that can cause a brake pedal issues like you’ve described is the proportioning valve. This component is located under the hood and is responsible for adjusting the fluid pressure sent to the rear brakes. If the valve begins to fail, uneven brake pressure can result. It’s also possible that there are air bubbles trapped in the fluid lines, causing the brake pedal problem. You might want to have a professional mechanic come to your location to complete a brake pressure inspection, so they can help diagnose this problem.