Q: Q: What is the front passenger sensing system?

What is the front passenger sensing system?

Your car’s air bag system is very advanced and capable of monitoring many different things. The front passenger sensing system is designed to tell the car’s computer a lot of different things about what’s going on with the passenger front seat, seat position and even the person in the seat. If the following conditions are present, the front passenger air bag will be deactivated:

• There is no one in the seat
  • There is a small person in the seat
  • There are small objects in the seat
  • The system determines that a child or infant in a car seat is present
  • The passenger takes their weight out of the seat for more than a few seconds

Tip

If the Passenger air bag Off light is on, the side air bag on the passenger side of the car may also be disabled.

3. Q: What is the front passenger sensing system?