Q: P0455 Code

I had to change fuel sensors on my 2008 Santa Fe because the fuel gauges won't work. That was the on codes being indicated. A week later I started getting a P0455 code. We changed the gas cap reset the code and the code returns after fuel is added. Is it possible something was damaged when the first work was done? Do have to pull the tank to replace the sensors? I'm so confused? Yes the gas gauges work fine and every once and awhile I do smell gas.

The code P0455 is an indication that the fuel system cannot hold vapor pressure when it is put into testing. This means you have a leak somewhere. Since you did not have the issue before you had worked on the fuel tank then this is the first place I’d look. Make sure all of the hoses are connected and the sender unit, installed with the big O-ring seals, is sealed. Ensure that there is no dirt in the seal seat or on the seal itself. If you feel like you need some assistance with this, consider YourMechanic, as a certified professional can diagnose your Check Engine Light and make the appropriate repairs to your vehicle. Good luck.