Q: I got a p 507 code

She erratically idling in park put in drive it is better but feels rough driving must compress brake or it just goes

A: That’s a good question. P507 is your idle s...

That’s a good question. P507 is your idle speed control. There are a few issues you may want to look into. The throttle valve may be sticking, bad throttle motor, ECM, or a wiring problem.

I would start by checking the throttle body though, open and close it with your hand to see if it is sticking or if it’s too tight. You could also clean the throttle body in the process with some carb and choke cleaner. This may free up any issues with debris being in the way of it opening and closing all of the way. Check the connections on the throttle body for good connections. Good luck and I hope this helps.

If you need assistance with these checks and repairs, consider YourMechanic, as one of our mobile technicians can come to you and diagnose the trouble code firsthand for an accurate repair.