Q: No oil but light didn't come on or stay on

Took my car to a garage who said it had no oil in it the oil light came on when I started the car but went bk off its had 10 litres of oil in it since 1st July 2016 and now is saying it's burning oil because I let it run low

Hello there, oil lights can be slow to respond to for a lack of oil in your 2004 BMW 320i. 10 liters of oil is excessive oil consumption. Excessive oil consumption is a problem and can damage your engine if left unattended. The most common caused of oil consumption is an oil leak, piston rings, valve seals, low oil pressure, or PCV system failure. In the current condition of the vehicle, it should not be driven until repairs have been made. A qualified technician, such as one from YourMechanic, will be able to diagnose the oil consumption fault and make any repairs required.